Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sucked the Air out of the building

My job at CompassLexecon comes with a few perks--complimentary dry cleaning service, 401K plans juiced with Lehman Brother's shares, and membership to a gym that may or may not be a front for a Scientological cult. Amongst all this, the big ticket, showcase showdown perk is a pair of Red Sox season tickets that every employee gets access to several times a season. The company handed me the keys to the hot rod for Monday's game, a soporific 4-3 loss to the Cleveland Indians. This game confirmed two sneaking suspicions:
1. I hate baseball (Though I do enjoy how the Spanish spelling is "beisbol")
2. I always jinx the home team.

Point 1 merits discussion later on, but I'll give you a little background on the latter point. I haven't been to a sporting event in the past 10 years where the home team, or the team I was "supposed" to be cheering for has won. To wit:

The Celtics were indefatigable last year

No comments:

Post a Comment