Monday, September 15, 2008

I was not like this until I stepped IN this place

Two episodes in and nobody’s even MENTIONED the thought that Kelly Anne might have some new Dr. 90210 enhancements? I’m talking about none other than the new RR/RW Challenge, that surprisingly, I can’t catch at all hours of the day. Perhaps MTV has enough shows now that I don’t have to watch Super Sweet Sixteen Remix Redux Uncensored rehash for the 12th time in one day (how dumb is this new show title: Top Pop Group. Did they get a bunch of first graders into a room and ask them to read Dr. Seuss out loud?)

However, I have some pretty dismaying news. This challenge sucks. It’s the antithesis to the hype of the RW: Hollywood. It’s called “the Island” and its name says is all. Jobless hacks thrown on an island to annoy, piss, drink, and fuck the shit out of each other til someone wins money. But this time, there are no challenges. No teams. The chemistry of the show is pretty shitty altogether. Don’t get me wrong, I a love a little drama, but this is the only show where Dunbar can be called a “good guy.” I haven't been this disappointed since hearing that Christina Aguilera is no longer pregnant (NSFW). At this point, I’d rather watch Joey on an island for an hour annihilating as many punching bags as possible with his knees than watch this show. It's sad to know that perhaps the RR/RW challenges has reached the saturation point, or the "Survivor Syndrome." It's when there have been so many entities of the same show, that you start to confuse Gervase with KG. The only thing I look forward to is trying to figure whether Paula and KellyAnne's breasts are real, and what new kicks TJ lavin is sporting.


When all is said and done, I hate this show, but I will continue to watch it, because that's what Real World does to you, make you a hungering, devouring, slobbering, dramaslut fiend. Maybe those that have seen the Island might disagree with its quality, but this remains true: Bad Boys (and Bad Boys II) is the best movie Will Smith has ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment