Friday, August 7, 2009

Lightweight Baby!

As a trained and experienced fegonomist, I tend to rely on my work's conclusions and consider them sound. When one of my tried and true theories becomes questioned in my presence by someone less informed than myself, I try to explain why I am right and they are wrong as best as I can. When they stick to their unenlightened viewpoints in light of the evidnece I present, that's when shit pops off. The battleground of the shit-popping is most commonly the lunch table. Rashard Lewis' recent plight has reminded me of one of the more frustrating arguments I've had with my beloved coworkers and that is whether or not PEDs can help basketball players.


Questioning this is absurd to me. Rashard Lewis does not even need to be taken into account. He tested positive for a raised testosterone level. How excessive it was, I don't know. Don't know if he shot up, unknowingly took a supplement with a boost, or just had a groupie hot streak (I hear that shit* boosts your testosterone, too). Honestly, it's irrelevant to the argument. Steroids will help basketball players no matter what 'Shard's situation is.


Let's examine the naysayers' claims logically.


Argument 1: The type of "big" you get with steroids is not the type of big you want to be in the NBA.


So, you don't want the Ronnie Coleman bodytype when you're playing in the NBA. Fine.


*I couldn't find the scene where he's flexing and oogling himself in the mirror while giving that chick the business so I included a random one.

No comments:

Post a Comment